When we're in love, it's easy to stay on track with a plan. The relationship grows with every accomplishment we make together.
But, it's not always that simple. As time goes by, cohabitation can make things difficult. Responsibilities can become more and more absorbing.
We know how important it is for the couple the time. For this reason, we have summarized six tips to make the couple's to-do's, and help them achieve their goals.
A to-do list is essential for remembering the most important things and having solid routines. When you manage to make those lists as a couple, and you can share the tasks, you will become an unbeatable team. You will reduce the arguments about domestic things and take advantage of the free time to love each other. (Instead of having to remind each other of the pending task).
Choose a tool to make your to-do list.
Whether you choose a computer app or a mobile app to manage your to-do list, the important thing is that it's comfortable for both of you to use.
We'll take you through this step a little ahead of time.
At the end of the post, we'll leave you with our three favorite apps. Download it together, and make sure to synchronize your calendars.
Define when and how you are going to check it.
You can manage your weekly or daily to-do list. Take a few minutes over your coffee to review each other's to-dos. Include the day's tasks and the overdue items you can redistribute.
Stick to a routine
A consistent routine is synonymous with better mental health. We don't mean that you should time every hour of your life, but setting more or less fixed times for daily tasks saves time and frees the mind from pending. Families with mealtimes, bathing, and resting times are less prone to conflict.
The same happens with the fixed tasks in the week. If it is a chore to do the shopping. Why discuss it every day? Set a weekly day for it. Problem solved. The only thing to discuss is who orders the groceries when they arrive.
And don't forget to include in your weekly routines time without action.
You need moments with nothing scheduled so you can relax together.
Take advantage of autopilot.
It's not about robotizing your relationship. Automize certain activities to save you time. Organize all the tasks you can get out of your head, put them on the calendar or schedule them.
- Schedule fixed bank transfers
- Include family visits or commitments in the calendar for the month.
- Use alarms for medications, calls, or meetings
Shared love, shared calendar.
If you are not a Google Calendar lover, you will start to be one. You can create a shared calendar with your sweetheart. Yes, one for the two of you. Special dates, secret appointments, and also your unpostponable tasks.
Sharing calendars allows you to see each other's availability before new commitments.
You can avoid wondering every- day whether you have a day off.
Best apps for couples.
Finally, we will share our top 3 apps to share to-do lists with your partner.
- TodoIst: This app is for real-life superheroes. Not only will you be able to use it to organize your projects, but it will change the way you organize with your partner. The app allows you to sync calendars and share to-do lists. Also, for each task you add, you can add subtasks. Organizing things by priority, as well as setting reminders for both partners. This application is easy to use. You will be surprised how much it can help you without the hassle of notes scattered all over the house.
- Trello: Couple boards? Yes, the couple's tool of the future. Trello is an efficient desktop for organizing the work routine of millions of people around the world. Download Trello in both its mobile and desktop versions. Although you can use online, you'll love having it on your devices. Create a board and share it with your partner. Include all the cards you think you need, according to the tasks you have together. You can organize the board with tasks to-do, in progress, and done. You can each check the board during the day or at the end of the week.
- Cupla: Couples who are at the next level using Cupla. If you have a lot of responsibilities, it's hard to find quality time to share. Don't worry. Cupla takes care of it. The tool installed on your phone can synchronize your calendars to find free spaces to share. Cupla suggests activities to do together according to each other's tastes and routines. As if that were not enough, Cupla has a list of places where you can book those days off. Cupla can do it.
Let us know how useful you find these tips and if you have any tricks to get organized as a couple, share them with us.